Are you fed up with 0x800CCC78 error messages pop-ups and seeking for help or solutions? I guess yes, that is why you are here. Don’t worry to resolve this issue you don’t have to be pro in the technical field. So, from this article, I will be helping you with some free and easy ways to fix/resolve MS Outlook error 0X800ccc78 so, let’s dig in.
What is 0X800CCC78 Microsoft Outlook Error?
It is an Outlook error occurred while using MS/Microsoft Outlook. A very common error used by Windows and other Windows adaptable software. It is also known as Outlook sending/receiving error as it occurred while sending emails or messages through Outlook.
A lot of time you get this message “Outlook is not currently configured to authenticate when sending emails.” and “Please verify the email address in account properties” etc. But remember this error doesn’t impact on incoming of messages on Outlook you will be able to receive emails rather than sending messages.
The error can spread in any versions of MS/Microsoft outlook.Be it Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and even in MS Outlook 2016.
You may also read:
How To Resolve MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
Quick Fix For MS Outlook error 0x800ccc0e
Causes of Microsoft Outlook Error 0X800CCC78
One can’t expect to solve this error if one doesn’t know the actual reason behind it.
So, let’s find out the reasons.
- SMTP Authentication
- Mail Relay
- Sending email from an invalid email address
How to Resolve or Fix 0X800CCC78 Error
Generally, An Outlook error needs to be fixed quickly because it can lead to various issues. Now, considering this error message it notifies about the wrong inputs of the outgoing server detail.
It is actually much easier fix than you might think. Here, are some easy and free manual ways to resolve error 0X800CCC78
- Open the MS Outlook
- Inside the tool button – select the Account settings option double click on it.
- Click on “Email” tab and choose the email account which is showing error.
- Now, click on the chosen Email in order to go to the “More Settings”
- Click on the outgoing server and “My ongoing server requires Authentication” checkbox
If the first way didn’t work for you then you can also resolve MS Outlook error 0X800ccc78 in the steps given below:
- Open the MS Outlook
- In the Tool button select the Account settings option double click on it.
- Now, Hit “Next “to view to get the next email account or change “Email Account Settings”
- Double click on “ Email Account settings” in question
- Click on “More” Settings option.
- Hit on “Advance” tab
- Look at the port number for the outgoing server to “587”
These are some free and easy ways to resolve Microsoft outlook error 0X800ccc78.
However if it doesn’t work out then the only way to resolve or troubleshoot these types of errors is by using a good Outlook Recovery Tool.
One of the software that I have used and can refer you is Outlook PST Repair Tool from SysInfoTools.
Have used this application lot of times for many of my clients and readers to fix and troubleshoot various errors in Outlook. And to my surprise, this software always worked well in resolving these types of errors.
So if the above-mentioned steps doesn’t work then would surely suggest you to try this tool once.
Hopefully, now you have an idea how you can troubleshoot this error with ease.