In this blog, I will explain how to fix Outlook unknown error code 0x80070003 and what are the reasons behind the corruption, follow till the end.
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client used by multiple businesses and individuals. It works like a personal information manager that helps to communicate and keep safe the important emails and other important data between the users. But sometimes it gets corrupted due to malware attacks or it is not properly configured. Then an unknown error arises like error code 0x80070003.
What are the Reasons Behind the Unknown Error?
There could be multiple reasons like:
- The Outlook account may not be configured correctly.
- Not installed properly.
- Due to improper connections.
- Virus and malware attacks.
Manual Method 1 to Fix the Outlook Unknown Error Code 0x80070003
To apply the method 1 user has to delete their current Outlook profile that will delete only settings. Now follow the steps one by one below:
1. Run REGEDIT
2. Move to –
3. Now, delete all the files of the folders.
4. Now, give a new name to the folder, that is presented in profile.
5. Finally, add all the previous email settings and restart the Outlook.
Manual Method 2 to Fix the Outlook Unknown Error Code 0x80070003
To apply the manual method 2 close the Outlook if it is open and open the Registry Editor.
If you are a Windows 7 user then Open start, type regedit.exe and press enter.
If Windows 8 user then open Run, type regedit.exe and click OK.
1. In the registry editor, find and click on the subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
2. locate Personal in the value.
3. Check whether the Data field contains a valid location or not.
4. If there is any doubt, then copy and paste the path in Windows Explorer.
5. Check whether it locate your files or not.
6. If you are able to find your files, then double click on Personal value.
7. In the Value data box, you need to copy and paste the path of MY Document Folder and click OK.
8. Now you will see %USERPROFILE%\Documents in the Value data box.
9. Finally, close the Registry Editor.
An Automated Utility to Fix the Unknown Error Code
Both manual methods are able enough to resolve the issue but there are some limitations in it that’s why I would suggest an automated utility to fix the error in Outlook.
Outlook PST Repair restores all Outlook email items like Emails, Calendars, Contacts, and Distribution groups etc. in just no time and there is no file size limitation in it. This software saves the recovered PST files’ data into multiple formats like PST, MSG, MBOX, DBX, and EML and recovers Encrypted and Password Protected Outlook PST Files. This utility maintains data integrity and supports MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, etc. versions.
Now see the working process of this utility step by step below:
- Launch the utility and click Open in the left corner to select the PST file to repair. Choose the recovery mode and click OK.
- After completing the scanning process click OK and check the preview of the Outlook email folders.
- Click the Browse button and choose the location to save the recovered PST file also choose the file format. Click OK to start the saving process.
- Finally, after completing the saving process. Click OK.
I have discussed how to fix Outlook unknown error code 0x80070003 in detail. I hope, now you will be able to fix the error. Manual methods are lengthy to apply so you can use the automated tool to fix the error and to save time.