If your Outlook application behaves weirdly then the user must delete the current OST file and rebuild a new one. Delete an OST file resolves all the issues in the old OST file and stabilize the performance of Outlook files. To Reset OST file in Outlook 2019,2016, 2010, let’s take a look at associated methods to solve the problem.
How to Delete OST File from Outlook 2019 and all lower versions?
Deleting an OST file is a very simple method, one can just browse the file in the system and hit delete. To rebuild Outlook OST after deletion, follow the below- mentioned steps.
- Close the Outlook application.
- Press ‘Windows + R’ then type in the command “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\” and hit OK.
- This command itself will detect the OST files in the system.
- Select the OST file and delete it by pressing the Delete button.
How to Reset OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000?
- For Outlook versions 2010,2016 and 2019 – First, go to the Tools menu.
- For other versions – go the File menu and click Info.
- In the Account Settings, double click on Microsoft Exchange
- Go to the Settings wizard, then hit More Settings and choose the Advanced tab.
- Now, choose Offline Folder File Setting.
- Navigate a location where you wish to save your OST file and then hit Ok.
- If you see the below-mentioned message then click Ok.
“.ost could not be found. Would you like to create it?”
- Click Ok to end the process and hit Exit to close the application.
If the standard approach does not give satisfactory results to the user, then the user can try out the automated approach for more convenient solutions. One such utility is OST File Recovery. Users can recreate the Outlook file using this utility by simply converting the file into different file formats.
- It offers three modes of recovery- standard, advanced, and deep.
- Saves Outlook OST into PST, MSG, MBOX, EML, and DBX.
- Compatible with Outlook encryption and compression format so that the user can recover max corrupt data.
- Date Range filter feature available for recovering data from specific time-span.
- Supports Multilingual formats of corrupt Outlook OST.
- Creates a log file of corrupt OST data.
- Compatible with MS Outlook version 2016, Windows versions 10 and previous.
- Allows previewing of recovered OST files before downloading.
Concluding that, to reset OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2010- we have discussed above the appropriate how-to solutions to solve the problem. It is common that Outlook OST is filled with issues because it is connected with an online Exchange server. It is recommended by experts that to avoid the issue one can take a backup of OST file in other file formats. I hope you find this tip helpful.