In this blog, we will discuss how to Schedule an Email in Outlook App and how to hold a message in the Outbox for a specified time even after clicking the send button. This feature will be applicable for Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, and Outlook 2007.
Why Scheduling the delivery of Email is important?
As soon as you press the Send button on an email, it gets deliver immediately for the recipient inbox and you can’t do anything about it. Irrespective of several grammatical errors you spotted, there’s no way to take it back.
But what if you want to send it later? Luckily, MS Outlook is a convenient email client with a list of impressive features. MS Outlook permits you to delay the sending of a single message or all email messages.
Let’s suppose if you’re communicating through emails with a potential client who stays in an entirely different time zone than yours. It would be recommended that the notifications from your email shouldn’t disturb him/her at odd hours. You can handle this situation smartly and schedule the delivery of email when that person is available.
How can you Schedule an Email in Outlook App?
We are going to discuss important steps that will help you to schedule an Email in Outlook App.
1. First, click on New E-Mail to compose a new message.
2. Click on the Options, then select Delay Delivery under the More Options group.
3. Ensure that Do not deliver before is ticked under Delivery Options.
4. Click on the drop-down menus of date and time to select the appropriate values.
5. Now you can safely click the Send button, the message will remain in your Outbox until the specified delivery time.
Note: Please make sure that the rule previously configured won’t be implemented if Outlook is closed. Keeping this in mind, if you would like to make sure that your emails are delivered after the delay period, make sure to leave Outlook open.