The email signature usually comprises a few lines of text that are placed at the bottom side of the outgoing email. A signature might consist of a name, website, phone number, company name, or any of your favorite quotes. Here, we will provide you the complete steps on how to add an email signature in Gmail easily.
If you run any business or work for any corporate, and use a Gmail account to communicate. You can add Gmail signature which will automatically reflect on the bottom side when you compose any new email.
Why is Gmail Signature Important?
Here are the three reasons why having a Gmail signature can help you and do more for you than you think.
- Provides Authenticity
Today, it is quite easy for your email message to get flagged down as spam. It is harmful to your identity, business, and personal relations. A Gmail signature gives you an invaluable authenticity by assuring that the email is genuine to your recipients.
- Makes you easily recognizable
When any of your recipients forward your email to any other person. Your signature will stand out if it consists of your name, website details, contact numbers, etc.
- Doubles up as a visiting card
A Gmail signature provides valuable information to your recipients just like a visiting card or a business card. By using a Gmail signature, the user is providing more ways for his business contacts, leads, customers, and the other recipients to reach you.
Note: If you want to add or create an email signature in Outlook then read the provided writeup.
How to Create a Signature in Gmail Email Client?
Follow the given steps to set signature in Gmail on the desktop site or mobile site –
- Click on the Gear icon on your Gmail toolbar.
- Choose the settings option and go to the General tab.
- Make sure that the account is selected under signature.
- Now type the desired text of signature in the text space. There is no need to include the Gmail separator as Gmail inserts it automatically.
- You can use the formatting bar, add formatting or an image.
- Once you are done with the signature writing, click on the Save Changes button
- Gmail will now automatically insert the signature you created when you compose a new email.
Add Gmail Signature Above the Quoted Text in Replies
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to insert your Gmail signature right after the message and in replies:
- Go to the Gear icon in Gmail.
- Choose the settings option.
- Select the General tab.
- Then you need to select the Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it an option.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
How to Add Email Signature in Gmail with a Logo?
Let’s now see how you can add a logo to your Gmail signature. It is similar to adding the profile picture in your Gmail signature.
- You can upload a logo from your local system or choose from Google’s my drive.
- You can also reduce the size of your logo to suit the requirements of your Gmail signature.
- Finally, click on the Save Changes button and you are all set.
How you can Remove Signatures?
Although every time you send any new email, you have an option to delete or modify the Gmail signature. But if you no longer need the signature, you can also disable it altogether. Go to the General settings and then delete the text signature you have entered. After that, click on the Save changes option.