PDF files are an important file format for many of us.
It’s safe and secured.
Once saved, others cannot edit it.
And the best part about PDF files is that you can secure it using different types of security restrictions.
The power to secure your files and controlling who interacts with them and how is really important for many of us.
You can either keep a full restriction or limit editing capabilities, makes it a perfect solution for legal documents and high-end contracts.
However, there is one problem that many users face and i.e. how to unlock PDF file if you forgot or lost your password.
While securing your PDF file can help protect your documents, however, if you don’t get it right you may also lose it.
So today with this article, I will show you how you can easily unlock secured PDF without any hassle and that too for free.
You may also read: PDF File Recovery- Ways to Repair Corrupted PDF Documents
Using Google Chrome
By using the Google Chrome browser, you can easily remove password from PDF files.
Note: It works for owner password
So let us now see, how to do it:
- Open Google Chrome and go to Google Drive
- Login to your google account
- Click on ‘New’ on the top left of your Google Drive Window and click on ‘File Upload’
- Select the file that you want to upload and click ‘Ok’. You can even drag and drop your file in the drive.
- Now double click on the PDF file to open it in Chrome itself. If it has a user password, enter it and click ‘Submit’
- Once your screen shows the complete content, click Ctrl+P to print.
- A new Windows will pop-up, click on ‘Change’ and then select ‘Save as PDF’
- Now click on the ‘Save’ button and browse & select the location where you want to save the files.
As soon as you click on ‘Save’, doing so will download the file at the mentioned location. Now being an unsecured file, you can easily print, edit or even can copy text from the PDF file.
Using Adobe Acrobat
Note: To use this technique effectively you need to purchase the full version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro.
- Click on ‘File’ on the top left corner of your Windows and from the drop-down menu click on ‘Open’
- Now browse and locate the PDF file that you want to open and click ‘Open’
- Enter the password in the given box to unlock it and click ‘Ok’
- Go to the ‘Padlock’ icon located just on the left side of the screen beneath the “Home” tab, and click on ‘Permission details’
- In the ‘Security’ Tab, go the ‘Password Security’ and select ‘No Security’ in the drop-down menu
- And click ‘Ok’
Using PDF Unlocker
By using a good PDF Unlocker, you will be able to remove password from PDF files easily. As being a paid tool, these software supports both user and owner password.
However, finalizing one particular tool is quite hard.
So if you are also facing the same issue, then I would suggest you to go for SysInfoTools PDF Restriction Remover.
Being an expert, I have used a lot of tools and applications related to PDF and one of them is the above-mentioned tool.
However, there are lot of other tools which are good and effective but I found this one much more effective to unlock secured PDF files.
This application is one of the most advanced tools to break PDF encryption. The software can easily remove password from your PDF files with ease and can make it an unsecured file.
Advantages Of Using A Third Party Tool
- It supports both single as well as multiple PDF files
- Support display of Meta properties
- Can recover both user and owner password from your PDF files
- Support all versions of both MS Windows and Adobe Acrobat
- Doesn’t support Linux
- Doesn’t run on MAC OS
So here are the three techniques through which you can easily unlock pdf file without any hassle.