Sometimes you are stuck in a situation when you cannot open your MS Outlook emails stored in your OST files. The reason can be anything like data corruption or damage.
And this situation leads to a simple question “how to open OST file without Outlook”.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the basic steps that you can take to open OST files without Exchange Server or Microsoft Outlook.
To read or view OST files, three important factors are taken into consideration
- MS Outlook and Exchange Server requirements.
- Presence of MS Outlook profile that has been used to create OST File in the system.
- Availability of OST files that are corrupt or damage free.
So before moving ahead with the methods and procedures, let us understand what is an OST file?
What is an OST file?
Offline storage table files or OST files are offline files that store Outlook mail data and make it available to users when they are offline or not connected to the Internet. The offline storage tables store mail data using the .ost extension in the system. These files enable users to work with their offline inbox, offline outbox and make changes that are initially saved locally and are reflected in the server when the computer is connected to the Internet. Users can add, modify and delete the contents of these files just as a file located on the server can be changed and updated.
How to Open or View OST files without MS Exchange server or Outlook?
The only way through which you can view, read or open OST files is by using a reliable OST Viewer Tool.
Unfortunately, there are lots of online OST viewer tools available in the market but most of them are paid. Even, those which are free are not that reliable.
But there is one tool which I would like to refer you and that is the OST File Viewer tool for SysInfo
The software lets you open, view and read the OST files in the absence of MS Outlook as well as Exchange server. Not only this, the application supports viewing of both corrupt / inaccessible and healthy OST files and displays all the emails, Calender, contacts, notes, tasks and journal entries etc. In addition to this, the OST viewer tool is a Windows based software and thus compatible with all available versions of Windows such as 10,8,7, Vista,2000,2003 and XP.
You may also read: How to Retrieve Emails from OST File Within A Minute
- Let’s you view, read and open Offline OST files without MS Outlook & Exchange server
- Display all your Outlook emails & mailbox contents like emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journal entries, tasks and so on.
- Support viewing of both healthy as well as corrupt OST files
- Loaded with advanced scanning options
- Auto file detection
- Advanced preview feature
- Runs smoothly on all versions of Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, XP and 2000
- And it’s free
- Doesn’t support MAC OS
- Doesn’t run on Linux
How To Use The Software
You may follow the below steps to open OST file without Outlook:
- Launch the software & select the files that you want to view & also select the recovery mode if your files are corrupt and click OK
- Once scanning is done, Click on Ok
- Now you can double click on the files shown in the preview section to view their content
This is the simplest method to view and open OST files without MS Outlook and exchange server. So, you can continue with your outlook related work easily with the help of this Free OST viewer tool.
Hope this article helps.