Are you upset with the SQLite Database corruption and looking for the solutions to repair and restore it again?? Then you came to the right place. In this blog, we will know the methods to repair and restore SQLite database objects.
SQLite Database – Overview
SQLite database is a popular RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) stored in the C program library. It’s working process is a little bit different from the other SQL database, such as it reads and writes to the ordinary disk files directly. A Complete SQLite database could be stored in a single disk file with various tables, indices, triggers, and views. Below are the many other things to know about SQLite database:
- SQLite 2 and SQLite 3 are the 2 versions of the SQLite database.
- Data could be stored into 2 formats like (UTF-8) ANSI and (UTF-16) Unicode in the SQLite database.
- SQLite uses a general dynamic system type.
- In SQLite database, there are five storage classes: NULL, INTEGER, REAL, TEXT, and BLOB.
What is SQLite Database Corruption?
When you are unable to access the SQLite database it means it gets corrupted and there could be multiple reasons for its corruption that leads to permanent loss. Below are the corruption reasons as follows:
- Overwriting is possible because the SQLite database is an ordinary disk file.
- Sometimes changes done in the drive content may failure the disk.
- File locking issues may occur because SQLite database use locking facility to ignore the changes in the database.
- Program bugs may also be the reason for SQLite database corruption.
Fix SQLite Database Corruption Manually
Now, know the steps to repair and restore SQLite database objects manually. But with this manual method user can only fix the minor issues, not major server corruptions.
i). Launch DD Browser for SQLite on your system and click on Execute SQL from the tab to run the database check command.
ii). Type the PRAGMA integrity_check and click the Play button.
iii). Now, from the taskbar, click on the File tab and point to Export in the menu, click Database to SQL file…
iv). Choose the object to export, define other options as well, click OK.
v). Now, to import the database files back to SQLite browser repeat step 3 again. Finally, In this way, minor corruption will be resolved.
Fix SQLite Database Corruption by a Third-Party Utility
As we know the manual method is only to repair minor corruptions that’s why we will use an advanced third-party utility to repair and restore SQLite database objects manually.
SQLite Database Recovery is the tool that repairs corrupt SQLite database and restores it to new MDB files. This utility has advanced algorithms to scan the SQLite database created by SQLite 2 and SQLite 3, it restores database objects like tables indexes, views, triggers with ease, the utility supports both SQLite database formats: UTF-8 (ANSI) and UTF-16 (Unicode) and tool has the preview option to preview the whole process at once. This advanced tool has a great graphical user interface and compatible with all the versions of Windows operating systems.
Now, see the working process of this utility below:
1. Launch the utility >> click Open in the left corner >> choose the corrupt SQLite files to load.
2. The scanning process starts executing, wait until it gets completed.
3. Click the recovered table in the list and click the Map Column button if you want to change its column type.
4. Now select the recovered tables you want to save. Or you can select the ROOT folder to save everything into a new database file. Then click the Save button.
5. Select the option: either Save in SQLite or Save in MDB. Click Browse.
6. Finally, set a location where you want to save the new database file and also provide a name.
I have explained a manual as well as an automated utility to repair and restore SQLite database objects. User can choose any of them according to their need. But I would suggest a third-part utility because there is no chance of data loss.