Gmail users often migrate Gmail to Hotmail due to several reasons. If you have to do this then this tech guide will help you to find out various ways to switch from Gmail to Hotmail.
Hotmail is one of Microsoft’s most popular free email services. It is a web service by which any user can access it from anywhere in the world by the interconnected web browser. They should know username and password to access the Hotmail account.
Why users import Gmail to Hotmail?
- Users are migrating from Gmail to Hotmail because of the changes in the recent privacy policies of Google. Many of us may be concerned about its reason for collecting and compiling user data for better customer service. There are many changes in google privacy policies that’s why users Migrate Gmail to Hotmail.
- Other than that, you may be interested in Hotmail because it has evolved over time and now offers a beautiful interface and useful features. It allows you to link with friends through your inbox on multiple social networks, view photo albums with ease, and much more.
- Its integrated storage system allows you to share photos and documents on a single message in quite a few amounts. To edit and view Office documents Hotmail has a special option.
Lets us begin to know the ways to transfer emails from Gmail to Hotmail.
Ways to move Gmail emails to Hotmail:-
You need to configure Gmail to work with Hotmail before you can configure Hotmail(outlook.com) to work with Gmail. To do this, you need to activate your Gmail account’s IMAP protocol. The following are the steps:
- Initially, Log into your Gmail account.
- Hit on gear icon at the top right, then select Settings.
- To bring up the POP and IMAP settings click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Hit on Enable IMAP.
- Hit Save Changes.
You can connect your Gmail account to Outlook after configuring Gmail for IMAP. The measures for Microsoft Outlook 2013 are as follows:
- Initially, Start Outlook 2013.
- Select File→Account Settings.
- Within the Account Settings, dialog box hit on New.
- Select Email Account then hit Next.
- Choose Manual Setup or Additional Server Types option, then hit Next.
- Select POP or IMAP, then hit Next.
- Enter the following information in the Add Account page:
Incoming mail server: imap.Gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.Gmail.com
User name: Your complete Gmail address (e.g., me@Gmail.com)
Password: Your Gmail password
- Hit More Settings.
- Hit the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Choose Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server option.
- it the Advanced tab.
- Enter the following information:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993
Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP):465
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Hit OK to close the More Settings box.
- Hit Next.
- Wait until Outlook tests the connection.
- Click Close.
- Click Finish.
Finally, all the Gmail emails get imported to your outlook account by performing all the above steps.
We have discussed different manual methods to import Gmail to Hotmail. Hopefully, you will be able to find all of your answers on how to switch from Gmail to Hotmail in this guide. Also, you can try the Gmail Backup utility to get the solution very fast.